01 Mar 2017 Spring Trends
I love the idea of Spring, but not so much the actual season in Columbus, OH. It could be 50 degrees and thunder storming on Tuesday morning and then by Wednesday afternoon its 70 degrees and sunny. I think I’m also one of those people with the “unpopular opinion” of disliking rain. I can tell you that I DO love seeing the trends for warmer weather slowly emerging after this time, especially after gaining so much amazing inspiration from Fashion Week. Here are the top trends you’ll be seeing us rock this Spring (& probably going into Summer too!)
- Denim – denim everything has never been more on trend than it is right now. (ok maybe thats me over exaggerating, but denim is honestly huge right now. You’ll see denim anywhere from thigh high denim boots, distressed mom jeans, jackets, vests, and even accessories like chokers and arm cuffs. I’m honestly loving it.
- Embroidery – embroidery and denim go hand in hand. It’s a fun way to add some personality to your wardrobe.
- Color – goodbye pastels, hello vibrant hues. Pastels were super in this past A/W season, but you’ll start seeing major pops of color in everything. Vibrant prints are going to be huge for Spring & Summer.
- Textures – no surprise here, but velvet and suede are definitely here to stay. It’ll be interesting to see velvet combo’d with vibrant colors.
- Wide leg trousers – since we’ve had a good run of the iconic skinny jean, wide leg is super on trend right now. You’ll see this anywhere from wide leg denim to wide leg business trousers.
- Statement sleeves – you’re already starting to see this in a lot of knit wear, but blouses with statement sleeves are going to continue to be really big this season. I’m such a huge fan of this trend! Sleeves are such a fun way to spice up your look & add some playfulness.
Can you see yourself rocking any of these trends for the upcoming S/S17 season?
Outfit Crush // m.m.